Normal wear and tear is not warranted. In addition, there are outside elements that may affect your rug's appearance over time. Many of these conditions are not covered under the manufacturer's warranty. These conditions are normal and are not considered manufacturing defects. These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Differences in color and texture from samples or from one rug to another.
- Roll marks from shipping that will disappear with routine vacuuming.
- Seam peaking from rolling the rug that will disappear with reverse rolling.
- Shedding, which will decrease and stop over time.
- Matting and crushing at pivot points and in traffic paths.
- Highlighting and shading from light reflections.
- Normal sprouting, pulls or loss of single tufts of fiber.
- Exposure to sunlight, humidity, heat, chemicals or atmospheric gases.
- Improper maintenance, including use of the vacuum cleaner's beater bar.
- Placing a non-water-resistant rug in a damp or wet area.
- Damage caused by pets.
- Improper cleaning, especially through use of a wet process.
A. Exclusions and Limitations The manufacturer's warranty does not cover normal wear and tear plus certain inherent characteristics including, but not limited to, those described above, which may affect the product's appearance and/or performance over time. It is only applicable to products placed in use indoors and in environments maintained at normal temperature and humidity. It does not cover tears, burns, cuts, pulls, or other damage, deterioration, stain, loss of color or appearance caused by abuse, or improper or inadequate maintenance. It does not cover products placed in use on stairs, ramps, or any area regularly subjected to wheeled or rolling apparatuses.
B. Remedy Exclusions Liability and exclusive remedy of HomeStitch under this warranty is limited to actual repair or replacement. HomeStitch's total liability shall not exceed the invoice amount to the original purchaser. Homestitch is not responsible for bodily injury, property loss or damage, removal or relocation of furnishings, or any incidental or consequential damages or costs associated with repair or replacement.
C. Non Transferable Warranties on HomeStitch's products are intended for the protection of the initial purchaser and are not transferable to any other party.